** Public Nomination window is CLOSED**
Public nominations submitted via the link below are for consideration on the 2019-2020 lists.
The nomination window will be open from April 1 – Sept. 1, 2018.
Nominations should meet the following criteria:
- engage diverse student populations in grades K-8 and help them activate or sustain their love of reading,
- published within the last three years – 2016, 2017, or 2018 (reprints of books with regard to text and/or illustrations are ineligible),
- are not written or illustrated by the GCBA winners from the past year (i.e., Kelly DiPucchio, Louis Sachar, Ben Clanton, Alan Gratz),
- have not won the Newbery Medal, Caldecott Medal, National Book Award, or Peach Award (honor books from each of these awards ARE eligible.), and
- are not considered part of a series of books (unless the first book in the series).
Please note: We do NOT accept nominations via this form directly from publishers or authors. We encourage these groups to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about how to nominate a book.